Astera Solutions is committed to protecting the privacy of its clients. In this statement, it is explained what information we collect about our clients, how we use the information, and what are the rights of the client.
What information can be collected about you:
We collect personal information from you when you provide it to us directly or through the sites. This information may include:
- Information provided when using our website (e.g. your name, company, contact information);
- Transaction and billing information
- Interacting with us (e.g. if you contact our customer service or if you chat with us on social media);
- Information you give us when registering for a contest or participating in a survey;
- The information that is collected automatically through cookies and other tracking technologies (e.g. which pages you viewed on our website and if you clicked a link on our email updates). We may also collect information about the device you use to visit our website, and
- Other information needed to provide the services on the website (e.g. we may use your location but only if you permit us).
- To automatic information collection we use Google Analytics
What is the personal information used for?
Depending on how you use our sites, interact with us, or grant the rights to us, the purposes for which we use your information are:
- To manage and respond to all surveys and possible feedback on our customer service;
- To improve, maintain and monitor the use of our website.
- For marketing research purposes we may, for example, contact you to give us feedback on our products.
- To send you marketing messages and display targeted advertising, but only if we have your consent or permission to do so.
- For security reasons, to investigate and prevent possible fraud and, if necessary, to protect ourselves and the third parties.
- To follow legal provisions and our regulatory obligations.
We comply with the legal basis under the Data Protection Act to process your data:
- Because data processing is needed for making a contract with you or to be collected before the contract is made (e.g. if you have purchased something from us, we will use your information to process your payment and to finish your order).
- Because we’ve received your consent (e.g. if you contact us in the matter of a survey or if you agree on receiving marketing communications from us).
We treat this information with the utmost care and confidentiality. You are not required to provide us with this detailed information and you can delete or update it at any time.
We are happy to communicate with our customers, therefore, depending on marketing settings, we may use your personal information to send you marketing messages via e-mail, phone or mail. Some of these messages may be tailored to you based on your past browsing or purchasing history and other information we hold about you.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing messages from us, you can change your settings at any time by contacting us, clicking the “unsubscribe” link in the email, or updating the settings in your account. If you cancel your marketing subscription, please note that we may still contact you from time to time via service messages (e.g. regarding the order and delivery confirmations and information about your legal rights).
You might see ads about our sites on third-party websites, including social media. These ads can be customized for you using cookies. If you come across our ads on social media platforms, it may be because we are committed to showing our ads on our social network to our customers or customers who match their demographic profile. If you no longer wish to see customized ads, you can change your cookie and privacy settings in your browser and on third-party websites.
Who do we share your personal information with?
We share our customers’ personal information with third parties in the following circumstances: to maintain our sites, to our suppliers and service providers (e.g. payment processes and transport companies), with professionals and legal advisers, with third parties which work on fraud prevention and detection, with law enforcement or other government authorities (e.g. to report fraud or in response to a legitimate request).
We use service providers around the world. As a result, your personal information may be processed outside of Europe, including countries where you have fewer legal rights to your information than compared to your local law. If we transfer personal information outside of the European Economic Area, we will ensure by following the requirements of applicable law, that your privacy is adequately protected by appropriate safeguards, in particular the EU’s standard contractual clauses. Contact us for more information on these safeguards.
We retain your personal information for as long as we seem to need it for the purposes listed above, so this period will vary depending on how you interact with us. For example, if you have purchased from us, we will keep a record of your purchase for the time required for billing, tax, and warranty purposes. We may also keep a record of correspondence with you, (e.g. if you have a complaint about a product) for as long as it is necessary to protect us from legal claims. If we no longer need to hold your information, we will delete it. Please note that if you cancel our marketing communications, we will keep a record of your email address to ensure that we do not send you marketing messages in the future.
This site will ensure that your information is encrypted when you leave the sites. This process involves converting the data into a code to prevent unauthorized access. This site follows this process and uses secure methods to protect all credit and debit card transactions. Encryption methods, such as SSL, are used to protect customer information when accessing this site and from there to a secure communication channel.
While we make every effort to ensure that personal information is always protected on our sites, we cannot guarantee the security and integrity of the information submitted to our sites.
Your rights as our customer
You have certain rights regarding your personal information, including the right to access, transfer, rectify and request the deletion of your personal information.
You also have the right to object to the use of your personal information for certain purposes, including receiving marketing messages from us. See “Marketing” for more information on canceling marketing.
We will process all your requests on using your rights following the applicable law. Please note, that these rights have their limits and there may be situations where we are unable to comply with your request. If you have a request regarding your personal information or concerns regarding your personal information, please, contact us by using the information below. You also have the right to contact a local supervisory authority regarding data protection.
Company: Astera Solutions